This is other of the most beautiful and charming squares of Baeza. Like at the Saint Mary Square, a big fountain, named as The Lions Fountain, guards the whole place.

The Lions Fountain, archaeological monument from the Roman city of Cástulo (near Linares) is crowned by the sculpture of Imilce, Iberian princess and wife of Aníbal, an Iberian warrior.  This fountain is a symbol of pride to Baeza, after becoming the centre of the nobility and of the Church. Due to that, in this square are placed the most important buildings of the period as the Former Butcher's Shop (current Courts) and the Civil Courts and the Public Scribes Offices (current Tourist Information Office).  Even if we cannot visit those buildings, it is essential to mention them.

The Former Butcher's Shop has had different uses, from skin drying place, historical archive and museum, even the place for the Youth and Sports Board. Nowadays, it holds the Courts of Baeza.

Its façade is formed by two differentiated sections. On the first one, there are a simple linteled door and three windows decorated with grilles. In both sides you will observe the coat of arms of the chief magistrate and this one of the city. Some rosettes between the mouldings stand out on the top. In the second section, a viewpoint is formed with square pillars, broken on the centre by a huge Imperial coat of arms.  On the other hand, the forged steel on the inside is supported by six columns and capitals with balls.

The Civil Courts and the Public Scribes Offices building was also known as the Populus House because there was an image of the Virgin of the Populus, placed on the top of one of its balconies. At the moment, this image does not exist, but it is said that the warriors of Baeza used to kneel in front of it when they went to fight against the moors.

The building, with Plateresque style, had the Council licence in 1511 to become the Courts House. As a curiosity, the building was erected destroying the Moorish wall that was places just behind, preserving, for sure, the chapel and the altar that had been built before.

The building has two floors. Outside, you can see, at the bottom, six openings between adjacent columns which support one continuous entablature with seven lying down lions. Also, on the keystones of the arches, there are six coats of arms of the city. On the first floor, where the Civil Courts were placed, some windows are drawn, with baluster columns. Moreover, the imperial coat of arms, the one of the Chief Magistrate and some classical pagan decoration can be seen on this first floor. Inside, the ground floor is covered by a flat roofing and the second is covered by a simple wood panelling.

Finishing with this building, it is worth to observe the arch that opens the wall, the Arch of Villalar, which was built to commemorate the battle with the same name (Valladolid, 1521), where the troops of Charles I won upon the rebels (Comuneros) of Castilla.