A The Aliatares Tower is one of the most important fortified towers that are preserved from the Muslim wall of the XII century because the most of the area in walls was destroyed in 1476, by order of Elisabeth the Catholic. It has a strategic position because it is placed on the centre of the old town and, from here, all the barbican was controlled (defensive medieval structure which served as a support for the wall surroundings) and the missing Door of the Cañuelo (current Compañía street).

It has 25 metres high and it has been restored some many times. The clock was placed here on the XIX century and the current battlements were added on the XX century.

Throughout the Middle Age, it was called Torre de los Altares (Altars Tower).